certified nurses aid?

Favorite Answer

Assuming you're asking what a CNA (Certified Nurses Aid a.k.a Certified Nursing Assistant) is: a CNA works under the supervision of either and LPN, RN or MD (Nurse or Doctor) to perform various patient care tasks such as

- bathing patients

- ambulating patients

- checking vital signs (blood pressure, etc.)

- delivering meals

- assisting with rehabilitation

- monitor allergic reactions to medication

Those are the primary tasks for a CNA within a hospital. Now in a nursing home, these tasks can vary depending on the certification, knowledge and training of that specific CNA. In nursing homes, some CNA's:

- remove IV's

- administer oral medications (with supervision of the RN or LPN)

... as well as the tasks I've mentioned above.

I hope this is the answer to your question!

Source(s): I'm an RN (Registered Nurse)

you have completed a basic nurse class, a six week course and you have had a internship or externship, depending on the site you have had your formal training from, and have taken the state examination which can mean a actual showing of skills, from bed making to turning and helping a patient out of the bed, and many more skills such as blood pressure, and temp plus the examinations to fulfill the states regulations it is not in your best interest to have any criminal record, but they can give you a waiver at there discretion. however this does not mean the hospital or nursing home will they are to diff rent separate org some people go thru whole program's without ever finding out they can't work until there records are clean !

• DO YOU WANT TO BECOME ONE? IF SO, THERE ARE PLENTY OF PLACES TO GO TO GET THE EDUCATION YOU WOULD NEED TO BECOME CERTIFIED TO GET A JOB. I WOULD TRY THE YELLOW PAGES FIRST UNDER HEATH CARE AND THEN CALL THE LOCAL COMMUNITY COLLEGES AS THEY USUALLY KNOW OF PLACES TO TAKE THE CLASSES. THEY ARE ADVERTISED ON TV LOTS AND IN MAGAZINES. I'M NOT FROM HERE SO I DON'T KNOW OF ANY TO RECOMMEND, BUT IN SARATOGA, CA. I PARTICIPATED IN A CLASS AND MY PROJECT WAS TO PUT TOGETHER A CURRICULUM FOR A CERTIFIED NURSING AID CLASS AND IT'S BEEN USED EVER SINCE AT THE COLLEGE WHERE I TAUGHT. GOOD LUCK AND IT'S A WORTH WHILE PROFESSION. WE REALLY NEED GOOD PEOPLE TO DO IT!

Source(s): MYSELF.
  • croney

i'm no longer constructive precisely what a CNA is, yet right here those who help registered nurses are referred to as well being Care Assistants interior the united kingdom. there is not any scarcity of HCAs or carers interior the united kingdom, you aren't any more eligible for a visa with this certificate.

• Janst

Whats your question.

• Neil L

What's the question?

Your question?

• Jes

No I am not, but my sister is. what exactly are you asking for?

YES