I am typing a Law Research/Term Paper on Police Corruption. Any topics or anything I can write about on mind?

It doesn't have to be America-specific, I would just like to know some ideas I can write about and how my introduction should look. I would really appreciate some help. Thanks!

netjr...

I am a sophomore in high school, and I'm not part of the media..I am required to research this topic (which I chose), so I cannot hand it in tomorrow with the opposite of what my teacher expects.

• Luis
    Best Answer

You could consider going on the angle of how for some reason we perceive police officers as being moral and righteous, and we often neglect that they are real people, and capable of flaws like any other human being in any other walk of life.

Basically that corruption is everywhere, and the police is not immune.

It may just be more prominent in the media given their roles as moral characters.

Power corrupts. Police corruption is endemic. If you have been abused by those in legitimate authority over you, you will do anything possible to avoid their clutches.

You might do better to research where corruption is absent among law enforcement officers and judges. Finding what makes a good cop good, even in a barrel of rotten apples, would go a long way toward ameliorating a dire situation.

"For plundering and violence are before me;

There is strife, and contention arises.

"Therefore the law is powerless,

And justice never goes forth.

For the wicked surround the righteous;

Therefore perverse judgment proceeds."

(Habakkuk 1:3b,4)

Corruption is an age-old problem like mildew or roaches;

you just have to be constantly cleaning up the mess.

Source(s): the Bible
  • netjr

This instead of a paper on how many lives the police saved in the last few days alone, or crooks they took off the streets making neighborhoods safe for people. Instead of focusing on the good Police Officers do you want to focus on the rare corrupt officer that gives all a bad name. There is a career for you in the media.

I call it police corruption, in our small rural town, when a father and 2 of his sons are officers in the same dept.. I had a 911 call TO the police, and one of these sons answered it. He wrote down the info totally backwards, so that when he was done.............I had hassled this man. The truth is, this man was quite 'strange', had taken a rifle out, and was threatening to kill me with it, as I stood on my porch. Man lived across the street, and had NO reason to just come up with any problems.I had not bothered him, spoken to him,(or any members of his family!). When I read the report, I asked the 'father' police officer to make the report correct. He refused to even call in his son, and told me, "I'm sure it is correct the way it is.". (i've never been in trouble with the law, I am a court advocate, teacher, social worker.............and have never been in trouble!).

Source(s): teacher, social worker

Yeah write about Chicago cops what you do in the dark will come to the light. They've been beating people up and hiding it for year's decades. Some of it was State's Attorney approved and once (Democratic convention) the Old Mayor ordered it.

Hey the kiddo. I am not sure this will help, but I personally would research police and the use of marijuana. Your intro should probably be about 100 words. A couple of sites to get you started (if you choose to use this topic) are: http://www.iejs.com/Policing/police_corruption.htm

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/corrupt.htm

• lost 1

Check out www.copwatch.com Should give you allot of ideas