Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & Employment · 1 decade ago

how can i land a full-time job in los angeles?

it's been so frustrating finding a full-time job with benefits in los angeles. i graduated last year with a 3.9 gpa in international business from a top-notch university. for the last 2 years, i have been working 39 hours a week as a public relations coordinator. my dept. wont let me work 40 hours, or else they would need to give me benefits. i am so frustrated with the job hunt. i know i have what it takes to be a great employee, but i can't even get an interview. my resume, cover letter, skills etc. are great. however, i don't know very many people in los angeles, and i realize networking is extremely important. that's why i'm getting to know more people now, but i need to pay the bills in the meantime! so far, i've mainly been looking for marketing positions through online job searches, but none of them have been fruitful. where and how can i get the chance to showcase my abilities (at least to get an interview). all i want is the chance to work at an accredited company. thanks

Favorite Answer

I hate to tell you this, but 30+ hours a week are considered full time. Contact your HR department and get the company's definition of "full-time" and, without telling what you're doing contact California's EEOC and ask them if the company is in violation.

I'm pretty sure they are, unless you signed a paper saying you would work "perdiem".