Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsWrestling · 1 decade ago

How do I do the Sweet Chin Music Properly???

Could somebody please send me a video or something? I want To make it my self- Defense tactic

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well first you have to learn to do a split, both ways and after you took time and know how to do a split just kick sideways and if you know hot wo do a split it shouldn't be hard and it will go straight up then just bend the knee alittle bit and there you go.

• mack28
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Wrestling is great. If you want to see a video go to youtube or something like that. Either type Sweet Chin Music, or Shawn Michaels.

Seriously not trying to be a hardass. One kick in an actual fight is not going to knock someone out. Even if it could you would years of training to do so. If you don't know how to defend yourself without the kick, and that is all you have you are going to get your *** kicked. You probably want to join a matrial arts or defense class of some kind. The person you are fighting is not going to stand there and let you do sweet chin music on them.

• 1 decade ago

What is it ??: A Superkick is the name used when referring to a high side thrust kick attack in professional wrestling, which sees the wrestler use the sole of the foot to strike an opponent's head or chin, usually preceded by a sidestep, often referred to as a Crescent Kick, or just a Side kick. The wrestler will often slap their thigh to generate an appropriate sound effect.

"Gentleman" Chris Adams was among the first wrestlers to use the superkick and was for years credited as its originator. To set up his finisher, Adams would use a back body drop, then as his opponent gets on his feet, Chris superkicks him in the jaw. Adams first used the enzuigiri as his "superkick", before touring Japan in the early-1980s and bringing the real maneuver to the United States. He was also the first wrestler to utilize the superkick from the top turnbuckle (around 1989). A martial arts expert and a black belt in Judo, Adams often used thrust kicks and his enzuigiri during his earlier matches while still in England.

Many wrestlers have used the Superkick as a signature move since then, most notably Shawn Michaels who uses this as his finisher, referring to it as the Sweet Chin Music. Michaels often precedes the move with a series of foot stomps, called by announcers as "tuning up the band".

In 2006, Michaels in an interview said that he learned the superkick from Adams himself while wrestling in Texas during the mid-1980s.

Shawn Michaels' cousin, Matt Bentley (as Michael Shane) also uses the move, calling it the Sweet Shane Music. But due to copyright infringement he now has to go by his real name Matt Bentley and refers to his signature move as the Head On Collision. While wrestling as "Dude Love", parodying Michaels, Mick Foley performed a superkick to the shin, calling it Sweet Shin Music.

reversals: grab their ankle and u got and ankle lock or duck underneith there leg and when they turn around, spine buster or clothesline or spear or anything u can do if u duck under there leg when they go for the kick

sweet chin video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqmg6yVJCtI

Youtube thumbnail

how its done: stand side ways, side step, aim for opponents chin and kick, then u've just done sweet chin music

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

its the combination of a stepping side kick and a back kick; make sure you stretch so you can kick above your head

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

JUSS WATCH SHAWN MICHEALS DO IT OVER & OVER AGIN... THEN PUT THE VIDEO IN SLOW MOTION AND WATCH HOW HE DOES IT LIKE WHEN HE JUMPS AND KICKS AND STUFF!! =] THATS WHAT I DO!! =]

• 1 decade ago

Just kick your enemy in throat ...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=49--lx6WQy0

Youtube thumbnail

• 1 decade ago

i guess if u want to learn it, just watch shawn michaels. watch how he does on youtube or on monday night raw. :)

• 1 decade ago

you aim for the throat

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

dude, it's the same as the superkick, but it's harder! i like it when hbk does it!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

kick ur opponent in the throat....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.