Where does the "olive" skin tone originate from? Like what people from where have this tone?

I have blonde hair and blue eyes but an olive complexion. My mom says her side is irish and my Dad is part Cherokee Indian, but neither of them have this complexion. Does hanyone know where it comes from? Maybe Italy?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Best Answer

"Olive Skin" is associated with people from any country near the Mediterranean Sea. e.g. Spain, southern France, Greece, Turkey, Italy, etc.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The Olive tone of skin orginates from countries such as Spain, Portugual, Greece, Italy, and some middle eastern countries. It also shows up in Native Americans if they are purebred. Maybe you got some recessive jeans that gave you this skin tone. You are lucky though, many people believe that olive skin is the most beautiful tone.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's neither. Olive skin is Mediterranean (Italy, Spain, south France)

• some comes from italy, greece, spain, you know around the mediterranian sea mostly. but about your dad having cherokee in him and he doesn't have an olive skin tone, lots of traits skip generations. so does one of your grandparents have an olive skin tone? that could be it. but it so does not come from irish, they are WHITE! everyone is fair there, it's considered beautiful. it could also come from native american, my mom is part cherokee and comanche indian, and she has an olive skin tone. in fact most ppl think she's either black or hispanic. but what that Mel T. dude said below me is wrong, native americans are not black! blacks are native to Africa, they aren't native to the americas. how stupid can people be? god!

Source(s): like is said, i am part cherokee and comanche indian and i too have olive skin tone. we also have spanish in us
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

The Mediterranean area I believe- so Italy, Spain, Portugal

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I've always thought of an "olive" complexion as being an indication of either Native American or Mediterranean heritage. I'm very fair-skinned, but have cousins descended from the same grandparents who are very olive-skinned. We know that we have some Choctaw ancestry; it's simply expressed more in my cousins than it is in me.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Your Black is showing through. Native Americans are Black people. If your mom is Caucasian and of Irish descent, and your father is aboriginal ,native Cherokee why are you looking to Italy? You just said your dad is Black if he's Cherokee Indian.

• SDTerp
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Mediterranean area is what I first think of when I see that sexy complexion.

• 1 decade ago

Greece

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The olive skinned people are the Jewish race, or Hebrew if you prefer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.