How do you freeze lasagna so it doesn't get watery once defrosted?

Favorite Answer

Freeze lasagna, baked ziti, and other prepared pasta dishes in glass baking dishes and cover with aluminum foil and plastic wrap. Baked pasta dishes, such as lasagna, baked ziti, and other casseroles, freeze best.

Keep freezer temperature set to 0 degrees F.

Thaw before reheating and reheat un-covered. Excess liquids will be absorbed. Be sure to heat through and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.

Source(s): experience

The Reason lasagna gets watery when it's defrosted is that there is air in the bag or container when it gets frozen. Air contains moisture, essentially your freezing the Lasagna with more moisture than it started with. The Best way to ensure your lasagna doesn't freeze and then unthaw with more moisture than it started with is to remove any air from the bag.

One way to do this is to invest in a shrink wrapper, or vacuum pump, which can be found at many housewares stores. Another solution would be to jerry rig something up using a vacuum cleaner and a plastic bag.

Or the advice of the Person above me sounds viable as well.

Source(s): No source, just science.

Quickly freeze cooked lasagna in a sealed container, when you defrost use a microwave on the defrost cycle. It works and it NOT watery.

I freeze lasagna all the time and have never had this problem. You might try using a thicker sauce.

freeze it normally but don't defrost it just put it right from the freezer to the oven or to the microwave oven. I do like that with the lasagne from Tesco and it works :)

I use less sauce - especially on top. I just add it before baking. If you are still having problems with things being watery, bake frozen and uncovered.

Source(s): The Book of Diana