What are the specific causes or symtoms of missed abortion?

I am 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant. today my doctor had my first ultrasound and there was no sign of any live fetus shown on the screen. She suspect I have a missed abortion. She told me that the finding is not final and will have another ultrasound after two weeks. I don't have any symtoms like, beeding, back-ache or abdominal cramp, etc. I am 39 years old and this is my first pregnancy.

Favorite Answer

I had one at 16 weeks, I started bleeding & cramping. Not too bad of cramping but no other signs before that. Try not to stress out the you may not be as far along as they think you are & your baby may not be big enough to pick up yet. Im sorry for what your going through believe me i know!! Good luck..

I had that happen to me. It was my first pregnancy and I went in for the heart beat check and they couldn't find one. Then the next day I started to bleed. I went the ER since it was the weekend. They did an ultrasound and there wasn't a baby in sight. I was 10 weeks. They said I had a missed abortion, I hate that they use that word, but its the medical term for miscarriage. Then I had a D&C. We got pregnant a month later and I am now 12 weeks and going great.

Good luck and Keep your chin up!

I am very sorry for what your going through. However, I'm sure the doctor explained that people over 35 are at a higher risk for misscarriages. Again, sorry, I've been there too. God Bless.

No sign of any sac at all? You should have had bleeding and cramping then- a missed miscarriage is when you think you are having a period but you are really expelling a fetus

my wife had something like that, we lost our child. The doctor ask us if we were having any stress or if we worring about the pregnancy. She said any of those feeling could effect the body .

I honestly have no clue, but I wish you the best and my heart goes out to you, I hope your doctor can give you all the answers you need.