Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

i will soon be travelling to nairobi..please recommend tours, sightseeing trips etc?

where should i shop? eat? any wonderful sights that i can see? any culturual opportunities that i should not miss...thank you .

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Millie
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

hiya!! Nairobi's a beautiful city...for sightseeing, go to the following places:

- giraffe centre

- ostrich park

- nairobi national park

- the museum

shopping:

- the village market

- sarit centre

- maasai market (open market that takes place at the village market every friday)

- yaya centre

cultural

- bomas of kenya - must see this one!

night out:

- carnivore

- gypsies

- pavement

- cassablanca

eat out:

- several food courts in the all the malls

- really good restaurants in westlands and karen...best thing to do is look through the yellow pages...(directory)

i hope u enjoy ur trip!! (" ,) ....if you're there more days, visit the Mara and go on a safari...best experience u can get, and also go to the coast..by the beach...its lovely!!

• Nairobi Excursions

3 Hours Nairobi City Tour

The tour covers the modem City Centre the colorful market, parliament building, the railway station and the renowned National Museum where there are spell binding displays of early man tribal religion and the flora and fauna of Kenya. A visit to the adjacent snake park is also included.

4 Hours Nairobi National Park

The tour start at 2.00p.m. This unique sanctuary is just a few kilometres from Nairobi's bustling City Centre but despite its proximity several species of mammals can be found there, including four of the 'Big five'. The tour return to the City Centre by sunset. A private tour of the same can be organised in the morning for groups.

3 Hours Karen Blixen and the Giraffe Centre

We depart in the morning or in the afternoon and drive towards the Ngong Hills passing the Ngong village to the Karen Blixen Museum, which for many years was her home. Later we proceed to the Giraffe Centre to see and to feed the famous Rothschild

Giraffes.

Carnivore Experience

Guaranteed daily at 12.30 p.m. and 7.00 p.m. Nairobi has many restaurants offering varieties of Cuisine. We recommend a dinner or lunch at Carnivore which is famous for the succulent stew and barbecue dishes for game meat as an excellent compliments to a holiday in Kenya as an excellent welcome or farewell dinner.

3 Hours - Bomas of Kenya

Bomas of Kenya is just a few kilometres from the City Centre and has numerous homestead reflecting Kenya's cocktail of cultures which has been faithfully recreated for visitors -to see traditional village life. The greatest excitement in the afternoon is a visit to display of traditional dances, music and folklore song in splendid arena.

Nairobi National Park & Bomas of Kenya

The National Park which is only 8km from the City Centre is Nairobi's pride for no other bustling Capital can boost a paradise of wildlife almost on its door steps. The morning is spent tracking some of the leopard species found in the park which include Rhino, Lion, Buffalo, Leopard and Cheetah. After lunch at Carnivore Restaurant we will continue to Bomas of Kenya or a Siesta of traditional music and dance. The tour ends in Nairobi early in the evening.

Source(s): http://lexxus-safaris.com/ info@lexxus-safaris.com
  • 4 years ago

i became there very last month and stayed on the Sheraton... there turned right into a Regal Cinemas multiplex through the line. there are extremely some inns clustered jointly in the middle of downtown Seattle. Downtown has a wide thriving retail shops. A Fox activities bar, videos, activities on the south end of downtown (Mariners this time of 12 months). The buses are loose in the downtown section (extremely some the city) from 6am to 7pm; take earnings even nonetheless the city is amazingly walkable. elementary fare is round $a million.50 i imagine. Duck excursions once you're into that. the area Needle is on the north end of downtown on the Seattle center (take the Monorail from the Westlake center, $2 each and each and every way), admission is round $16. Pike street market is a vacationer spot, a wide outdoors fish market (a lot of alternative issues for sale, it covers various blocks). also for sale is a 2-fers window for community theater, once you've time, lots of the boats that pass out onto the Sound for whale gazing (verify gray Line and others). once you're extremely into the heritage of the city, evaluate the Seattle Underground excursion, which... is going underground.

• 1 decade ago

Mount Kenya

Mombasa beaches

cash

http://www.cheap-flights-info.info/

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

we have many tours companies who r very friendly too, this should not be a problem once your there.about the sites...where? in nairobi or else where? we have mombasa, malindi, nakuru..many nice places to visit n see! we have hundreds of places to eat too..depends on how big your wallet is.

• 1 decade ago

Call 011255784967914 ask for Nurez. He is a good tour agent for all kinds of safaris. He can hook you with cheap packages especially in Tanzania

• 1 decade ago

people have pretty much covered the stuff above but if you are going to Mombasa, Tiwi is the best beach, just south of the city

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

I hope this will help you but will still post more; http://arrivesafekenya.blogspot.com/2014/09/nairob...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.