what does "2 mp" mean in cellphones?

I am searching for a nokia n72 cellphone. I can understand all its details except for th 2mp thing... Does it mean double camera? Because, it has a small square beside the name n72. can you help me?

Favorite Answer

it means that this phone consist of two mega-pixels camera.. good quality for this time! n72 has two cameras.. 1 is a vga camera & 1 is a 2 megapixel camera.. the vga camera ( 0.3 megapixel only ) used for video call or conference...

it means 2 mega pixel, yeah i know thats what everybody else wrote, but, they wrote about the resolution n i'm gonna add that the higher the mega pixel number, the better the quality of the picture you take. I have a nokia 3230, with a 1.3 mp camera, n the pictures are in my opinion excellent, so your 2mp pictures should be even better!!!

Two cups plus one fourth cup flour one cup plus two thirds cup sugar. Rule of thumb, if ever you will never see materials that havent been averaged to the nearest amount, it wouldnt make experience. For illustration 2 and 1/four cup will on no account be 9/4th cups. That would equal to 2 1/4 cups .

2 mp stands for 2 mega prixel it is the resolution of the camara on the phone.

• Goldom

2mp = 2 megapixels. it's the maximum resolution the camera can take.

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megapixel#Megapixel

2 mp reffers to two mega pixels . . . . .thats the configuration of the camera . . . . . and it reffers to only one cam

mb is megabytes the size of storage mp should be megapixels maybe? but i think u mean mb..