does anyone know where i could find a alaskan huskie breeder close to louisiana?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Please please be wary of backyard breeders and pet shops and the classifieds. The absolute best place to find a reputable breeder is the Alaskan Huskie Club of America. They are dedicated to the breed and guidelines provided by the AKC. They are true lovers of the breed and not out for the all mighty dollar.

Unfortunately there are none listed in the state of LA. The closest listings are in Texas. I've listed them below.

Being from LA myself knowing the heat and humidity we have to deal with, I would suggest if you do get a long hair breed, to shave their coat in the summer months. It would be comparable to us walking around in full length mink coats in June, I wouldn't want to be the one doing it. They will love you for it.

Texas

Carol Bowen (PSRI)

916 Trinity Court

Willow Park, TX 76087 USA

817-441-5468

Larry & Illona Chu (PSDI)

Richmond, TX 77469-8744 USA

281-341-1926

Shari James (PSDI)

Rockwall, TX 75032-8113 USA

469-698-9877

Terry & Twinkey Moore (PSI)

12221 WC Trail

Amarillo, TX 79118-0330 USA

806-622-1363

www.members.aol.com/tntmals/tntmals.htm

Elizabeth & Gary Philippi (PS)

Houston, TX 77095-4536 USA

281-345-7358

Renee Rehmert (PHSI)

Huntsville, TX 77342 USA

936-714-6363

Jay Van Zandt (DHIP)

White Oak, TX 75693-2506 USA

www.shekinahalaskanmalamute.com

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Elena
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Firstly, there is no such thing as an Alaskan Huskie. There is Alaskan Malamute or Siberian Husky. Two very different breeds.

Why buy from a breeder when you can adopt and save a life? Go to http://www.petfinder.com to search for a Malamute or Sibe in your state.

• Nowhere in the world.... there is no such thing as an "Alaskan Husky" (y not ie) there is such a breed as an "Alaskan Malamute" and "Siberian Husky" Anyway good luck.. I hope you find the dog that is right for you.

here is a list of dog breeders in Louisiana.. http://www.sellinglouisiana.com/breeders.html

Another site with Malamute breeder listings.. http://www.doggies.com/Alaskan_Malamute/

• 1 decade ago

Are Huskies and Malamutes the same thing if not they look a lot a like try this site it will show u a list of breeders all over the country but sorry no Huskies

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Go to the link below and scroll down to where it lists the states and under them breeders and go to louisiana, or other states nearby you. Theres more in the internet, just got to google it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.