Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHigher Education (University +) · 1 decade ago

which is the best black college?

by best i mean-fun, best academics,

Update:

for the person who thinks that i should go to a college with all races, i want to go to a black college so that i can be with people i am more likely to be friends with. i dont hate or dislike any race. but lets be honest here most people hang out with people who are of their own race. i have had friends of other colors, it was no problem. but still most of my friends are black. so why waste fun with people i probably wont befriend.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Oakwood College in Huntsville, Alabama. It is the alma mater of Barry Black, the U.S. Senate Chaplain.

It has an excellent reputation, outstanding musical programs, and the students DO have a lot of fun! Established about a hundred years ago, it is considered a traditionally black college but it does have some white students, who are the minority.

s

• 1 decade ago

If you want a college that does the best academically It's not gonna be a black college. If your your looking for the best party school then University of Texas was voted best party school.

• Ranto
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Most of the HBCs aren't that great academically (though many offer other benefits). Howard is the best with Spellman and Rollins also being respectible.

Source(s): I just had this discussion the other day with a friend who has degrees from Howard, Duke and Harvard.
  • 1 decade ago

My best friend in high school went to Howard University. She had a blast there...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

how about a college for all races, what is this black college thing about?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Oakwood college http://www.oakwood.edu in huntsville,alabama

Source(s): norvef
  • 1 decade ago

I have heard Howard is one of the best.

• 1 decade ago

Diddy's alma mater, HOWARD!!!

• 1 decade ago

Somewhere in Africa.

• 1 decade ago

spelman!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.