ways to get fever down FAST???
i have 101 fever and i have been taking medicines (like tylenol) but nothing is really working, though i feel better. im thinkin it could be because of all the pollen in the air lately, but im not sure how to bring it down, because i have a really important school even tomorrow. does anyone have any techniques, like putting a washcloth on your forehead?? (please no medicines unless they are just amazing, and i already tried zicam......and dont say get some rest!!!!)
- JoLv 51 decade agoBest Answer
hope you feel better soon
* STEP 1: Get plenty of rest.
* STEP 2: Drink plenty of fluids. Suck on an ice cube or flavored ice, or drink iced fruit juice or chilled clear broth.
* STEP 3: Dress lightly and keep the room temperature between 70 and 74 degrees F. Use a blanket if you feel cold.
* STEP 4: Take anti-fever medicines only when necessary. For children under 18 years old, use acetaminophen or ibuprofen. For adults, use acetaminophen, aspirin or ibuprofen.
* STEP 5: Give a child a lukewarm sponge bath for a temperature higher than 102 degrees F, but wait 30 minutes if you have given her acetaminophen. Wipe the child with a lukewarm washcloth or place her in a lukewarm tub for 20 minutes, then dry her thoroughly and check her temperature. If it is lower than 102 degrees F, don't continue with the lukewarm baths. If the child is shivering, warm up the water by a few degrees for the next bath.
* STEP 6: Know your medications. Some drug allergies cause fevers. If you suspect that one of your prescription medications may be causing a fever, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
* STEP 7: Spread lip balm or petroleum jelly over the lips during the fever and for several days thereafter, since lips often crack and split during a fever.
Tips & Warnings
* A fever of 103 degrees F is not unusual in a young child. For adults, a fever higher than 101 degrees F or a fever that is greater than 101 degrees F at its onset is cause for medical attention.
* Ice packs can be placed in the groin and armpit areas when an adult has a very high fever, but consult your doctor first.
* Call your doctor or emergency room if a high fever is accompanied by a stiff neck, difficulty breathing, confusion, lethargy, delirium or convulsions, or a cough with colored sputum.
* Never use alcohol for a rubdown. The fumes are toxic, and alcohol is absorbed through the skin. Use lukewarm water.
- tessasmomyLv 51 decade ago
Pollen will not cause a fever. You have a bug. 101 is not that big a deal. Unless you feel sick I would stop medicating the fever unless it gets higher. At 102 you can take Motrin and that will bring it down.
Try a cool bath, LOTS of liquids and just rest.Source(s): I have 3 kids.
- Laura HLv 51 decade ago
Ibuprofen works better than tylenol. Take a cool bath, that is the most effective non-pharmaceutical way to bring down a fever. Eat bland foods. Wear light clothing.
- MemeikoLv 41 decade ago
Take Aspirin & the washcloth on your face is a good idea. If it starts to warm up. Take it & swing it in the air to cool the cloth down. Drink as many cold juices as you can. Get Well soon
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
Hi Karen have you had your self tested for diabetes and try putting your feet in a cool dish of water and cool face cloth around the back of your neckSource(s): my self
- carrieLv 41 decade ago
Well for one there is a high number of flu symptoms now or it could be allergies. Fever is sign of infection so a doctor and some antibiotics will probably solve your dilemma.
- Alexis221Lv 41 decade ago
Get in a cool bath and soak that brings them down. You can use ice packs on your body, or cold wash cloths.
- 1 decade ago
101 fever ---your sick---cold comprises in the arm pit and back of neck and in the crease behind your knee
- 1 decade ago
Cold bath!!!!! now!