Does anyone know of any online MFA programs in creative writing or film studies?

Favorite Answer

There are a couple of respected low-residency programs--Bennington College, Vermont College, Pacific University, and Antioch University are on my short list. All of them use a model where the student works primarily with a mentor vs being in classes with other students. Personally, I think these programs work best for people who are older and well-read. If you're young, you're really cheating yourself by skipping a residential program, where you can mingle with writers, teachers, and your peers, and make life-long contacts that will help you along the way.

I am not aware of any, nor would I encourage anyone to take one. The arts do not lend themselves to the online education system. Actually, no amount of education should be taken online.