What is the FHA deed restriction for a house purchased from the FHA?

meaning I bought a house that was repossed by the fha

Best Answer

FHA typically does not put restrictions on deeds. However FHA does impose rules on selling homes financed using FHA loans that are less than a yr or 6 months old- that is called "flipping". FHA's goal is to make homeowners out of renters, not to fund investor-for-profit opportunities. That is why the restrictions were put on FHA repo homes and others. FHA appraisals, like VA stay with the property for 6 months after they are issued. If a property was truly distressed, bought rehabbed and sold in less than a yr (or 6 months, I can not recall which) you will have to have a VERY GOOD explanation as to why the value went from X to XX in such a short time. To refi an FHA loan less than a yr comes with restrictions as well. I think it must "season" a bit first. That is also to stop consumer fraud, which has become a problem in recent years.

Source(s): I do investment real estate, and I use to do homes.
  • clyne

FHA 30 3 hundred and sixty 5 days fixed is extra suitable. once you have an 80/20 very own loan you pays extra via fact the interest on the 20 very own loan is often a lot larger, and interest relatively provides up. interest is tax deductible as properly