Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Who was the best rap artist/group of the '90's?

1. Tupac Shakur

2. Notorious B.I.G.

3. Bone Thugs 'N Harmony

4. Dr. Dre

5. Snoop Dogg

6. Other (Please specify)

This is a tough one between the top 3...but my vote has to go to Tupac. He just released so much good music, with so much passion. He covered everything from violence, rape and death row to family, friends and females. He was the man, the legend, the king. I wish he were still alive today. I wish we could see what Biggie and Tupac would've done for the current rap genre, because it's gone completely down the drain. I'm sure it would be different if they were still around.

If there is an "Other" please just list one. I didn't forget anyone, I put all the artists that I think were among the best on my list.

Favorite Answer

big l and big pun, were better emcees then pac and were about equal to big, big l was equal to big anyways. pac was good and could drop mad **** and it was passonite to ignite that gasoline, however to be a ill emcee you gotta be able to freestyle and battle, pac couldnt do those, at least not with the same fire big, big l and big pun could do it with.

pac is bob's favorite rapper, but no the best emcee.

hers bobs favorites

1.2pac

2.notorious b.i.g

3.big l

4.big pun

5.wu tang clan

6.mobb deep( them in their The infamous and hell on earth dayz not this blood money bullshit)

7.rakim

8.nas

9.eminem

10. probobly ghostface

hip hop is in a critically bad state, the worst it has ever been in, today it takes no skill to be able to call yourself a rapper, they steal everybodys rhymes or just drop straight up crap and are all lyrically retarded. the legends are dead, some of the best are sold out or dropping club beats and the pioneers are retierd.

it dont look good, however there is light at the end of the tunnel, raekwon who previously dropped Only Built 4 Cuban Linx in the mid 90's is gonna drop Only Built 4 Cuban Linx 2, if this ones anything like the original purple tape banger, hip hop will be temporarily revived. The original purple tape banger was legendary and one of the most influential hip hop albums ever. Also this summer wu tang drops 8 diagrams, wu tangs last album was in 2001, but RZA has said wu tang aint gonna stand back and let something they helped pioneer get destroyed by idiots making pop and calling it hip hop so they comming back in the game. wu tang has never dropped bullshit and are some lyrical heavy weights, bob trust them to bring hip hop back. Like RZA said "some people say hip hop is dead, how can hip hop be dead if wu tang is forever."

Tu Pac &Bone Thugs 'N Harmony, Dr Dre, Eazy E

You left out A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul (my neighbors in Amityville), and Digable Planets.

Not to forget that Black Eyed Peas first album came out late 90's and was amazing.

***********

You listed 5....I listed 4. What's the difference?

MC hammer was the best

i agree MC Hammer!!!! (tupac)

2pac rip

Is this a trick question???