I need 1 SP... who would you pick?

Noah Lowry, Jose Contreras, Jeff Francis, Boof Bonser, Gil Meche, Doug Davis, Jarrod Washburn, Randy Wolf, Jeff Suppan

Favorite Answer

Bonser. He has real good stuff, plays on a very good team and has a lights out closer to protect his W's. He also has the most upside of any of these guys and should give 170 Ks if he gets to around 200 innings. The only other one I would consider is Francis, another young pitcher with great stuff and he has a nasty sinker that will help him in the Colorado air. These 2 are the only ones of this group that havent maxed out in what they can offer so they are the only ones with an upside. The other guys all have histories that suggest they are average fantasy options....they arent going to suddenly get better after all their years of experience, what you have already seen is what you can expect. Always lean toward potential late in drafts or in free agency simply because if they are good you already have them, if not you can just as easily cut them as you can someone who has a proven track record of average or worse.

Just to play a little devil's advocate here, Gil Meche will probably get more starts than any of these guys (assuming he stays healthy) because he is the "ace" of the Royals' pitching staff. So Meche is not an afterthought like everyone seems to think.

Ok, now that I got that comment out of the way, I'm going with Jeff Francis.

Randy Wolf would be the safest bet. He's proven and having a pretty good spring (2-1 with a 2 something ERA). D. Davis, and N. Lowry would be my second choices.

either Jeff Suppan or Jose Contreras

Boof Bonser he pitched a few good outings last year and is sure to get run support from the Twins lineup

How can you not have a guy named Boof on your roster...I guess only if you need Suppan so as to help catch all those sausage races in Milwaukee on ESPN...

I think you should get Jeff Francis, because he is Colorado's Ace pitcher and number1

In order:

Jose Contreras

Boof Bonser

Jeff Suppan

I would stay away from the rest.

Jeff Suppan!!!!!!!!!

wolff