Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 decade ago

Is the USDA run by meat industry lobbyists?

and GM food lobbyists?

Like Alisa harrison and Ann Venemen.Are there any more members or ex members who are lobbyisits for those industries?

• Toph
    Favorite Answer

The United States Department of Agriculture was created to address the concerns of our agricultural interests. This includes dairy, meat, and horticultural concerns.

Lobbying the USDA we have unions of each subcategory of those, the Dairy Council, Beef Farmers, Poutry Growers, Soybean farmers, etc. etc.

They have absorbed parts of the medical establishment, chemical establishment, and other powerful gorups to push their agenda, marketing US agriculture.

The food pyramid is one of their most well-known marketing tools. They have access to our schools to push their politicized ideas onto our children. Our school children are fed subsidized food, which are either surplus foods or foods that can't be sold.

They pay farmers to destroy goods to keep prices at a certain level, rather than ship the food to impoverished areas.

Their annual budget is larger than the salaries earned by all the full time farmers in America.

Yes they have pushed GM foods, although they are beginning to realize the mistake made there. Yes they pushed RbGH in our Milk products, but they have realized their mistake there. Yes, most of them have their heads up thier butts, but every now and then we hear a "pop" and see something good being done.

I believe currently they all have their heads up the butts and we should hear a "pop" in a couple of years.

Until then beware of the USDA.

Source(s): A sociologist who studies the USDA, historically, critically, and passionately

Tyson is a "coverage maker" ? whilst did that ensue? The plant at Springdale is a substantial Polluter. they choose for to offload their wastes in rivers and streams close to the state line of one state, so the stuff flows good into yet another state. That way, that's totally almost impossible to sue them, and the state that gets the wastes would not even get to tax them. it must be that a use like that's extra suitable than what they do with it now, and that's available that with each and all of the money the Bush administration is spending to dam efforts to handle environmental concerns they might throw a number of it in those adult males' direction. this kind of element is a symptom of the issue, no longer a answer. i comprehend the Northern Arkansas politics via fact I easily have friends and relatives individuals in that area.

Ok a large part of the government is run by lobbyists which i am sick of the government caring about corporations which makes me think we need reform. Im conservative and i admit the government has a lot of lobbyists. so to answer your question its very likely.

it is run by lobbyists for all sorts of industries.

I like Beebs answer!

I don't want to believe it. I really want to believe the USDA is for argiculture first and foremost.

• beebs

I think it is run by people sitting around a large table sharing a comunal crack pipe