Is it ethical for a vet to test for feline leukemia and refuse to tell you the results unless you pay?

This is a vet who provides low cost/free spaying and neutering, who tests all animals for feline leukemia in order to properly sort them. The vet recommends euthanasia for all luke positive cats but wont tell you the results of the test unless you pay him $31. he will go ahead and let you pay to spay a positive cat... show more This is a vet who provides low cost/free spaying and neutering, who tests all animals for feline leukemia in order to properly sort them. The vet recommends euthanasia for all luke positive cats but wont tell you the results of the test unless you pay him $31. he will go ahead and let you pay to spay a positive cat but wont inform you of such unless you cough up the dough. my thought is if he is already doing the test without your knowledge and permission why should he withold the results. luke is very contagious and not saying anything could result in more infected cats. many of the cats he does are feral colonies, who is going to pay that kind of money on a stray, knowing these cats will be re-released isn't it unethical to refuse to tell whether the cat is infectious?
Update: im not so worried about my cat, im paying to test her, its the feral colonies i am concerned about. these are cats with no owner and the vet knows the animals are part of a spay/neuter/release program. the volunteers who feed and trap the animals cannot afford to pay $31 per feral just to get the information... show more im not so worried about my cat, im paying to test her, its the feral colonies i am concerned about. these are cats with no owner and the vet knows the animals are part of a spay/neuter/release program. the volunteers who feed and trap the animals cannot afford to pay $31 per feral just to get the information released and a test the vet chooses to do anyway. if anything else i think he should euthanise the positives even if he wont revel the exact status of the test. funny enough if you pay to get the results he will not spay or neuter the animal without a $25 fee and a written release. i ask because i think his practices may have caused the death my cat from luke. one of the ferals was hanging around and sniffing my cats through the screen door, i have since found out from a volunteer that they had him luke tested because he was getting very ill and the same cat is luke positive.
Update 2: i just got another cat to keep the surviving felv neg cat company. both cats were neg prior to the incident and both were vaccinated for luke less than a year before. i know the vaccine is not 100% effective but had he shared this info when the feral was brought in to be fixed maybe my little girl sissy would be... show more i just got another cat to keep the surviving felv neg cat company. both cats were neg prior to the incident and both were vaccinated for luke less than a year before. i know the vaccine is not 100% effective but had he shared this info when the feral was brought in to be fixed maybe my little girl sissy would be here today.
Update 3: another problem with this issue is i have inherited the feral colony. i just got a house and a barn with a flock of about 10-12 feral cats. literally as i write this i am still in my old house. i dont want to have to destroy the colony but i spoke with the volunteer who has been maintaining the colony and she just... show more another problem with this issue is i have inherited the feral colony. i just got a house and a barn with a flock of about 10-12 feral cats. literally as i write this i am still in my old house. i dont want to have to destroy the colony but i spoke with the volunteer who has been maintaining the colony and she just informed me that the felv status of the cats are unknown except the 1 known positive cat. it will cost her $300+ dollars to get the results which the vet knows but just wont say.