My ex put a stop pmt.on 3 child support checks. It's not through courts. How can I get the $?

He ran out on us on V-Day and got an atty. She said send wkly child support checks. So far he sent 3 and when I deposited them they all had stop payments on them. I have 6 children and he clears $1,200 a week but only sent 3 small checks and he's been gone 6 weeks. So he missed 3 weeks of pmts.completely.

It's not court ordered yet. How can I go about getting the money from the 3 that he stopped payments on? Do I go to small claims court or what??? Thanks

4 Answers

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.