I was rejected from Johns Hopkins University today but was offered a spot on the waiting list.?

I was wondering... What are my chances of being accepted if I decide to pursue Johns Hopkins? Has anyone here been wait-listed from JHU and then accepted? I just want to know if it is worthwhile or if I should just choose another college. Thanks for the help!!
Update: Thank you everyone for your help! Hi Margaret, You wanted to know what type of student I am. I am glad to help. My G.P.A: weighted - 4.271 unweighted- 3.780 S.A.T: Critical Reading - 660 Math - 660 Writing- 740 I also took some SAT II's; I did okay, not superb: Math Level II -... show more Thank you everyone for your help!
Hi Margaret,

You wanted to know what type of student I am. I am glad to help.

My G.P.A:
weighted - 4.271
unweighted- 3.780
S.A.T:
Critical Reading - 660
Math - 660
Writing- 740

I also took some SAT II's; I did okay, not superb:

Math Level II - 670
Literature - 650
Chemistry- 580 (I don't know why I took the Chemistry SAT II)

Extracurriculars:

President of Key Club two years; Members four years
Vice-President of National Art Honor Society; Member three years
Treasurer Student Government; member four years
National Honor Society member three years
I also participate in a lot of community service activities like visiting Relay for Life and volunteering at a nursing home.

The essay is also a big factor in admission so if your daughter is a good writer, then she has a definite advantage.

I hope this helps. Good luck to your daughter! Admission to a university is getting tough!!