Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Can you grow Star-of-Bethlehem inside?

I see this plant all over the place outside but apparently the lawn mowers get to them before the pretty little blooms have a chance to grow is there a way to grow it indoors? I think this plant is extremely fascinating and would like to take photos of the blooms.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you have animals or children, don't bring them into the house. They are poisonous.

• 1 decade ago

they are extremely hardy, put them in a pot in a sunny window. outside they take over easily, i dont see why they wouldnt grow inside. it may take a season or two to bloom. also, make sure you dig up the biggest bulb you can find.

• m b
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Use a big pot, water nicely, and put it near sunlight. The transplant is going to be the tricky part.

• 1 decade ago

It will sprout but it wont grow in doors. Your plant might last a month.

thats it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.