Your stand on the Confederate Flag?

I am all for the CSA flag and I think that those who are trying to shut it down are trying to shut our heritage down. Not once have I had some one actually back why they found the confederate flag offensive, and the ones that have have been proven wrong. If you find the confederate flag rasist, Why? It doesn't... show more I am all for the CSA flag and I think that those who are trying to shut it down are trying to shut our heritage down. Not once have I had some one actually back why they found the confederate flag offensive, and the ones that have have been proven wrong. If you find the confederate flag rasist, Why? It doesn't stand for slavery. The CSA didn't fight the union to keep slavery, they were fighting to keep their gov't. The union would have kept it if they could Abe Lincoln said to Horace Greeley,"If I could save the union without freeing any slave, I would do it." The US flag flew over slavery 70 years before the CSA flag ever existed. And which flag flew over ships bring slaves to America? I can assure you it was not the CSA. It get better; CSA freed their slaves in 1863 the union didn't untill they had to in 1868 with the passage of the 13th amendment. The confederate flag stands for a proud military heritage, States rights, and a non-centralist form of gov't.
Update: All of those who just answered me and said they didn;t like the flag you never gave me a reason why. Those who say its past and we should move on, I say this, we have moved on but we still want to remember, many peoples fathers before them fought and this is there way of remembering. As for flying the US flag I fly... show more All of those who just answered me and said they didn;t like the flag you never gave me a reason why. Those who say its past and we should move on, I say this, we have moved on but we still want to remember, many peoples fathers before them fought and this is there way of remembering. As for flying the US flag I fly it to, there is enough room in our hearts for both just as there is enough room in America for all nationalitys
Update 2: Honestly, I apprectiate ALL input allthough it's clear where I stand in the matter. However, if your just going to insult me and tell me I'm wrong I'd really rather you not answer at all. I'm really glad that people (Sorry your names slipped me) futher down at the bottom posted declaring their side... show more Honestly, I apprectiate ALL input allthough it's clear where I stand in the matter. However, if your just going to insult me and tell me I'm wrong I'd really rather you not answer at all. I'm really glad that people (Sorry your names slipped me) futher down at the bottom posted declaring their side against CSA, you backed what you had to say. Thank you.