When you see a confederate flag, do you think " racist", or " southern pride"??

• Quix
    Favorite Answer

You mean there is a difference? The confederate flag represented those states which decided not all people are created equal or deserve equality, that a persons life depending on their color was for sale. While that flag is cool looking its message is nothing that I could ever respect. By all means have pride in your home, state, country but also remember there is a difference between pride and arrogance. Pride does not deminish anyone at its expense.

Southern Pride.

Southern Pride I have a shirt with the flag on the back and I'm not racist, I'm just proud

Neither. I have a friend who had confederate stickers plastered all over his pickup truck when he was in his teens and twenties. He had no clue of the significance of a confederate flag. It was just popular. So to me, when I see one, I think of a red neck from the 80's. ☺

• ?

Racist. The Confederate flag is also the Rebel flag that the KKK carry

Racist, simply because they can use their State's flag instead if they want to show "Southern Pride".

Southern pride. I've never thought of racism when I see a Confederate flag...

Southern Pride its just a flag!

Southern pride

The Confederate flag only stood for racism. And this is coming from a redneck.