Christening gift?

My niece is having her christening in 2 weeks (she is 5 months old) and am stuck as to what to get as a gift - any ideas???

Favorite Answer

We just had our six-month-old baby girl christened in February and some of the gifts included:

-a photo album

-a silver picture frame

-a children's bible

-a silver money box

-a fairy snow globe

-some socks (?!)

I think all except the socks would be appropriate,and hey,the socks are the only thing we've actually used so far! My first choice would be a picture frame,followed by the money box. If there will be lots of guests,they will prob'ly get lots of picture frames, the money box is more unique.

I think while all the traditional silver jewellery, spoons etc; are lovely, babies end up getting lots of these.

When I had my son christened, a friend bought him a really lovely christening day book which all the guests wrote messages in, it is a really lovely keepsake. Another lovely one was a lovely hardback book of Thomas Tank inscribed from the giver.

My daughter was given a gorgeous little toothfairy pot for when she loses her first tooth, it has fairys on a seesaw ontop and is really lovely, was from Past Times.

Don't go for silver mugs and spoons. My kids had so many of them. Also not the Bunnikins dinner service.

Being a little girl, giver her some jewellery. A bracelet or a chain. She may not use it right now, but when she's a little older, she'll love it. My 7 year old daughter loves the bracelet her godmother gave her and wears it proudly on special occassions.

everyone gets silver spoons and stuff as gifts, my daughter got loads of stuff like that, and it all needs dusting every week!! If I was you, and for when I have my next baby christened, I would much prefer vouchers or something

traditionally a christening gift is silver , maybe a nice silver frame you can get them with on your christening day wrote on them, money or a voucher kids grow out of clothes so fast ,i got a lovely crystal christening mug for my son with the date engraved on it , its a lovely keep sake

Some type of jewelry with her name and the Christening date enscripted on it. When she gets older, she'll have that piece of jewelry (even if it does not fit anymore) as a memory of something special you gave to her.

Can get her a 'Tree for Life'. Check out on the internet.

My daughter received one when she was born, and I also sent one to a friend as a wedding gift. Will plant a tree in Glen Affric, Scotland that she could perhaps visit in the future. I believe they now give you the co-ordinates.

go to a jewelers they have plenty of christening gifts and anything in silver

• sanny

You get lovely silver photo albums that you can have a photo in the front frame.I got a nice one for a gift.It's nice to give something that can be kept and she can have her christening photos in it.

• aza

You can get jewellery with little diamonds in them, traditional silver things, a bank account (bearing in mind if you get any more neices/nephews it would only be fair to do it for them also), how about naming a star after her then a little gift for her to keep.