Jose D asked in SportsMartial Arts · 1 decade ago

Are PRIDE fighters better than UFC fighters?

Best Answer

At the time, Pride paid more, therefore the better fighters migrated to Pride, i.e. Fedor, Wanderlei, Shogun, Dan Henderson, etc.

I would'nt say they have better fighters, just that they have more good fighters. As in a deeper roster pool of talent. Bottom line is the top UFC guys can hang with Pride and vice versa, so it's all about the same. Pride has traditionally paid more money and has more international fighters, but know that USFC is taking over, we are going to see everyone fighting everyone. And that is what we want in the first place. I just want the best fighting the best, don't care about the orgs, just want a good show, Pride and UFC forever biatches.

I personally enjoy watching the UFC more, but I gotta hand it to those pride guys. Not many guys in the UFC have the stamina to last a10 minute round, especially when the ref is quick to stand the fighters up. Trend seems to be that when UFC guys do a Pride Fight they don't do so hot. Keep your eye out for Mirkco CroCop and Rampage Jackson who left Pride and joined UFC. They are gonna put a major hurtin' on a lot of guys.

Pride has much better heavyweights, but UFC really has done a much better job of marketing it's athletes, thus most people who don't watch MMA might actually recognize a UFC star. This might influence the idea that UFC fighters are better because in genearl, they are more well known. When it comes down to it, outside of the heavyweights, it's pretty equal.

• zyllee

Don't know but I think we are about to find out now that UFC Fighters and Pride fighters are going to be able to fight. :D

Historicly, pride is considered to have better fighters. However, Wanderlei Silva came to UFC and got stomped by a nobody. Lucky shot? who knows... Heath Herring came to UFC, got stomped by a nobody. Luck? Nope, the guy beat him every round. So ya, you can say they're better but they haven't fought each other so we don't know... yet. With UFC under the control of Dana White (technically) you will see many dream matchups.

• sapboi

We will see.

Since they're now both owned by the same people does it really matter??? They fall under the same umbrella...

depends....I think the HW division is better..aswell as the LW division

i guess that would depend on whos paying the most money at the time.