I have a problem with a Chrysler LHS (1997)?

The front end of the car is vibrating back and forth really hard. We thought we might of had a flat tire, but we didn't. It does it on and off, not continuously. What would cause this?
Update: It actually only vibrates at slower speeds. I can drive it on the highway at 70-80 with no problems.
Update 2: Well, I took it in today to a tire shop, and they said the front tires were worn, which could cause the problem. I just spent $168 on two tires and rebalancing and guess what....still having the problem. I am definetely not a rich person, and now I am afraid it will be a problem with the tie rods. Does anyone... show more Well, I took it in today to a tire shop, and they said the front tires were worn, which could cause the problem. I just spent $168 on two tires and rebalancing and guess what....still having the problem. I am definetely not a rich person, and now I am afraid it will be a problem with the tie rods. Does anyone know how much it costs to fix the steering block problem, and where this is located in the engine?