Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevision · 1 decade ago

Question about a show in the 1980's? PLEASE ANSWER!?

There was a detective show in the 1980's on PBS I think for kids/young adults that got clues from a computer to solve mysteries. It was one of my favorites does anyone know what it was called? LOL!

Favorite Answer

There were a couple that fit that description. There was "Ghostwriter", "Encyclopedia Brown" or "The Bloodhound Gang" These were all shown at various times on PBS.

• TNTMA

Was it that show "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" (see link below). If so, I think it actually came out in the very early 90's, and it was like a kid's game show. I loved that show... so educational, and something like that would be great for my kids nowadays with all the crap on TV. If not, well, I've just been here reminiscing by myself...LOL...Good luck to you and hope you find what you're looking for!

http://www.tv.com/where-in-the-world-is-carmen-san...

Ghostwriter

• lexie

Ghostwriter. It was a ghost of one of the kids grandfathers that talked to them through computers and other word sources (such as signs, and pen on paper). I don't think they ever figured out the ghost was the kids grandfather.

Are you thinking of

"Where in the World is Carmen San Diego?"

The show was actually based on a computer game. (I played it on an old Apple II - black screen with green images - real high tech back then.)

the only one i can think of is ghost writer hope that helps. i happened to have liked the show my self

I think it was Ghostwriter...

Ghostwriter...GREAT show!

WHERE IS CARMEN SANTIAGO?