Is it possible to JAM a satellite tv signal?

I think my evil neighbor is JAMMING my satellite dish...seems it is always screwing up when he is home.....is this possible to do?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Sure it is possible but highly unlikely . To do this would require special equipment and the average " Joe " wouldn't be able to do it .

I would suggest that it is possible he is interfering with it in some other way , he could have a cb radio , ham radio or some other electronic transmitter or even some medical equipment that will cause this interference . he could also be using some sort of electrical device such as a table saw or Even a cordless phone .

Gov have regulations on interfering with radio and other signals and the manufacturer of these items sometimes in order to save money omit the proper filtering required to do this .

Try changing the coax or at least checking it out to make sure it is in good condition , a better properly shielded cable might make a difference also make sure your dish is grounded properly attach a copper wire to it , drive a pipe or steel rod into the ground at least 2 feet and attach the wire to the pipe . you can call your local FCC office ( if you are in the US ) and ask them or tell them the situation . ( of course that's provided you are receiving your signal legally ) if your in Canada you contact Industry Canada ...

There may be filters you can get as well . check with your Sat dealer on that ..

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ayl1I

Yes, you can split it, and you don't need a special satellite splitter, as long as you are splitting AFTER the box. Just basic cable splitter will work. Once the signal has gone through the receiver, it is just a regular TV input - whether it came from cable, antenna, or satellite - doesn't matter. Also, if you had another box, you could use a special satellite splitter (called a multi-switch) to split the signal, coming from the dish BEFORE the box. You do not need a dual head dish for that, as it is incorrectly stated above (although, you, most probably, DO have a dual head dish already - for totally unrelated reasons).

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

I think you can take the output from your sat box and split that, of course both TVs will get the same station. I know you can't do that with the cable coming from the LNB(sat. dish knobby thing) even if you have 2 boxes. Each box needs it's own LNB source. If you want to add a box: It's only an additional $5 / month if you find you want another box, and I bought a used one on ebay for $.01! Sat companies don't mind you having used equipment so long as you subscribe and have a valid card which they will provide you. Just call them, tell them that you have a used box. They'll ask for serial #, and give you a new card for it and charge you accordingly. Of course, you'd have to run another cable out to your LNB and be sure it has an available output. Hope that helps.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

Satellite Jammer

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

It is technologically possible but the type and power requirements needed to do so limit this

typy of activity to large powerful companies or the government. Your neighbor cannot jam your satellite dish unless he is an extremely accomplished electrical engineer specializing in radio frequency propagation.

• 4 years ago

reading is way better the book retains u thinking and you also get greater detail in what people are thinking and you simply get more imagination

• 4 years ago

Reading the publication instead of observing the movie is the best way to see what the writer meant. Reading uses your creativity, hones your reading skills, and can increase your vocabulary

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Is he a ham radio operator?

Is your sat ground not installed properly?

If this is the case you would see ground plane refraction and would most definitely cause interference. If he is a hammy be diplomatic and see if he would help you. most hammies dont want to cause a problem. I had a similar problem with interference.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

only by blocking the signal from getting to your dish !

• 1 decade ago

It can be done, but not without expensive and powerful equipment

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.