Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Are you trying to get to heaven and avoid hell?

If so, I want to tell you that this is the wrong goal for your life.

All I and God want of you is that you be good, and thereby earn peace and happiness. Don't hurt others, and help them when you can. If this leads you to hell, then the fires cannot hurt you, because you will have the peace of knowing you did the right thing. Doing good will not lead you to hell. But if you are only doing good so that you may get to heaven, then when you get there, you will have no peace, because you did not do good for the sake of loving others.

Favorite Answer

No, of course not. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust is what God said happens to people when they die. I just try to live my life according to his commandments, and hope when I die, I will be written in the Book of Life and live again on Earth where humans are supposed to be.

Sell Hell to the Catholics. They obviously like scare tactics. However, God doesn't work that way.

Source(s): LOGIC
  • Sugar

A message of peace.. "La ilaha il Allah".. in Islam, your Intention is what frees or chains you in the end, not just your actions. The intention is what truly matters, as you point out. Yet many say the road to hell is paved with good intentions... go figure...

No because living here on Earth is Hell and the only way is up

Love & Blessings

Milly

• Well Hell was full I came back and Heaven does'nt want me cause they afraid I will change them anyways hell was kool

" I am on a highway to hell"

I do not believe in heaven or hell, but I agree with doing good for the sake of good. Living your life in fear is a terrible burden.

No I am not trying to get to either place,seeing how one must have the belief of both places in order to be goal orientated to try for either heaven or hell.

I understand your message of peace. I am trying to pursue it myself. I don't know where my journey will take me but I know that whenever I reach the end of it, I will be a better person because I seek knowledge above all else.

once that gets into my brain it is tranlated thusly; Am I trying to get to the end of my life without gutting myself with a rusty coffee can lid? The answer is yes.

Who is he jealous of, Lover of God? And how can a non-existent God call someone to eat of their sacrifice?

Exodus 34:14-15

For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

Lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they go a whoring after their gods, and do sacrifice unto their gods, and one call thee, and thou eat of his sacrifice;

• ?

My home is my heaven. I like it so much I cannot think of running away from it!