Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 decade ago

why does it feel broken ??

i hve had a few falls over d years ....hurt my ankle , wrist n more recently my finger. d xrays dont show anythin broken but i always feel this naggin feeling in those parts .

Favorite Answer

Possibly you have incurred "soft tissue damage" which can be painful, but a question like this would be more appropriately asked of your doctor.

It might be a muscle hasn't healed quite right. Do you or did you run a lot before your ankle injury? Muscles feel odd or out of place when bones are sometimes set because they aren't in the same place as when they were before.

Hopefully you find an answer either with your doctor or here to help you get back into action.

A better question is... Why do you keep falling? Are you elderly? Are you involved with a contact sport like football? Maybe you're just stoned a lot? That could also be the reason you keep focusing on body parts and feeling like something's wrong, even though you know nothing is when you aren't high.

If they were broken, honstly, you wouldn't be able to walk/use the foot/ankle or wrist.

You wouldn't be able to move them at all. Terrible sprains often "tear" ligaments or muscles, and it can feel similar to a break.

nothing it is just a muscle injury and sprain. if it were broken it would have been swollen big with lots of unbearable pain. and by the way, muscle takes more time to heal than bone

I remember when i fell & blew my knee, it hurt like hell but nothing visible was wrong to it so my Dad took me to the docter who did xrays, nothing. Its probably internally bruised. It will heel by its self.

How old are you??