Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsAstronomy & Space · 1 decade ago

How can I memorize the planets of the solar system?

Favorite Answer

Easy, starting with the sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and the now defunct Pluto.

I know seven year olds who have trouble memorizing the solar system. Why don't you just work with your son on things like stars, moon, space, rockets, sun, maybe the fact that the planets are "circles"? My kids do have a space themed room, and we have a little model of the solar system put up as a part of that. You could, I guess, do something like that and go over the names of the different planets. But I do think it's a little early to teach the solar system.

By the time you try to remember the ways to remember, it would be easier just to memorize the planets in order going outward from the sun.

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto.

Depending on who you are memorizing them for, you may wish to drop Pluto as it is no longer considered a planet.

How To Remember Solar System

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/axeQZ

The same way you taught him to drive. Uh, that is, you WAIT! He is NOT old enough yet. At 3 years old they should be learning; social skills, how to separate from parents, basic manners, how to sit still during a story, maybe some basic art skills, drawing, coloring, gluing.... Stuff like that. Save something for them to learn in kindergarten!! :-) Here's a fun song they sang on Blue's Clues years ago. if you start singing it to him now, he may remember parts of it, that's a GREAT place to start. The Planet Song! Well the Sun's a hot star, Mercury's hot, too. Venus is the brightest planet, Earth's home to me and you. Mars is the red one, And Jupiter's most wide. Saturn's got those icy rings, And Uranus spins on its side. Neptune's really windy, And Pluto's really small. Well we wanted to name the planets, And now we've named them all.

Mercury Venus Earth Mars Jupiter Saturn Uranus Neputne Pluto, just memorize it, except for the Pluto part.

use a phrase or a sentence which starts with the first letters of the planet like My Very Eager Mother Just Serve Us Nothing. that is for the 8 major planets

• dudara

As a kid I learned

Making vests every morning John Smith uses nine pins

However, Pluto is no longer classed as a planet, so drop the "pins"

memorize this

my = mercury

very =venus

educated =earth

mother =mars

just =jupiter

serves =saturn

us =uranus

nasty =neptune

pickles. =pluto

but it's a pity they removed Pluto as one of the Planets. (."__.)

• sam

these are in order

starting from the ones closest to OUR SUN:

my - mars

very- venus

ernest -earth

mother-mercury

just -jupiter

sent-saturn

us -uranis

nine -neptune

pies! -pluto

plus they found another but I cant remember its name....