What do you guys think of my new voting system?

Instead of putting peoples names on the ballots. Have all the potential canidates make a list of of what issues thay plan on addresssing during their term, and what their priority is for each issue. Then the voters would rank the top then issues they would like to see. And the canidate with the highest score wins. Past voting records could factor into the equation. I think this would help eliminate voting for a person because you heard their name more or just because of the political party they belong to, and force people to vote for what they would actually like their elected officails to do. I know it would need a lot of work to make it work. And of course it still wouldn't be perfect, nothing ever is.

Favorite Answer

That would only work if everybody agreed on what the right course on each issue is.. which is no where near realistic.

A blind vote could potentially work if each candidate provided a "what I plan to do about.." for every important issue and voters could decide from that. But that would require massive amount of times in the voting booth.

It could have promise but getting everyone on board would take some doing.

it's not a bad idea

good