Is there a yahoo lottery? A friend of mine received a message that he won a prize there. Is it real?

He is supposed to send personal data about him and the payment is to be done through a bank of Nigeria.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No it is a scam.....

• 1 decade ago

I am a Nigerian and I can assure of two things

1. It is a scam letter. If in doubt, do a Yahoo! Search on the cpmpany and sender name

2. He will be disturbed until he replies. So tell him to mark the letter as scam(if he is on Yahoo)

Use your creativity. Ever won a lottery in which you would have to literally buy your prize?

Please forward a copy of the letter to EFCC

• 1 decade ago

No and when will people understand that yahoo never never sends out Lottery..it is a spammer company that takes on yahoo name and send people and telling them they have won..if they answer it ..they will get spammed and open for a viru and plus they will take anything if they have a credit card number..it is not for real..this is fake..tell him not to do it..he could be in the middle of id theft..if he does this

• 1 decade ago

Everyone is getting these. It is a scam do not open just delete. Yahoo does not have a lottery. If everyone won that got this email yahoo would be broke and we would all be rich!! lol I wish it was true!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • booge
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.