Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 decade ago

does karma really work?

i remeber i use to be real nice. i was miserable. so then i started to be aggressive. and im pretty happy now. does being good make good come to your life?

Favorite Answer

Well, we all have the sense and urge to be aggresive once in a while - it's natural. But if you know that people are treating you with the attitude they would treat a school bully (no offence), then wouldn't it be better if you were nice? Because you really needn't care about what others think, you know.

Hmmm? Everyone is but a mirror; someone said. How do you know you were nice and how do you know you were being aggressive? Was your aggression a reaction to your niceness? In terms of karma I once read a psychological paper (nope, can't remember) saying that people who commit crimes unconsciously leave clues or traces. Not sure about that. If you recognise that being aggressive is worthy of getting karma and is negative ... why do it? Surely assertiveness is better than aggression?

karma is about being good to yourself and other people. yes it does work! its a law,part of you already. being nice is a way to get other peoples approval, like you want them to like you, im not judging you by the way. being aggressive is another form of happiness, you still like to give, you have a heart within but at the same time you show to the world, "you cant push me over".

• Erebus

It is difficult to deny that if your nice to someone they will 9 times out of ten be nice back. The concept of Kamma features in many religions, not just the Dhamma, for example Christianity- "do unto others as you would have them do unto you". Regardless of your belief or terminology it would seem that society rewards good deeds.

I hope so... but id rather be nice to people. Coz if I know people are only nice to me coz Im agressive and they are scared of me, whats the point?

no being good doesn't mean life will return the favor.

the only favors that are returned are the ones we do out of spite, then its usually 10 fold.

Yeah it works, but not always instantaneous. Are you referring to (being nice and not)male-female relationships?

After Rob and Amber are eliminated...Yes!!

its what u do in your life and how you do and accomplished things that counts not karma or luck or anything else!!

No!