K H
K H asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevision · 1 decade ago

What is the longest running sit-com?

Same basic show -minor character changes.

HINT:Think Globaly-Its NOT a US show.

• Kookie
    Favorite Answer

Last of the Summer Wine...... it has had about 28 seasons...

Gunsmoke...NOT a sit-com Simpsons...adult cartoon; NOT a sit-com. I would say M*A*S*H but it wasn't all comedy....although it was a heck of a a lot more funny than either Gunsmoke OR the Simpsons. I Love Lucy could have been the right answer but at some point it was no longer I Love Lucy....after they all decided to move to the country...I think they changed the name of the show. I'm not really sure maybe "All In the Family?" I don't know for sure. More than likely M*A*S*H qualifies as a sit-com...it was on the air for eleven years. The Korean war only lasted 3 years.

The Simpsons, without a doubt.

Note this information from a few years ago:

Fox has renewed the cartoon for two more seasons, taking it at least through May 2005. That will push "The Simpsons" past "The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet," which aired on ABC from 1952 to 1966, as the all-time longest-running situation comedy.

Gunsmoke is not a "sit-com" (situation comedy). Gunsmoke is a western/drama.

I would have to say I Love Lucy as well, for being syndicated the longest.

If you want to know the longest original series, comedy that was on television from the first episode to the last episode without syndication, I think that would be Friends.

Does The Simpsons qualify for sit-com status since it's animated? I've always wondered about that. I've always considered it a prime time cartoon, but that's just me.

Longest running sitcom is The Simpsons - 18 Seasons

The Simpsons

Simpsons

Gunsmoke, the only "sitcom" to run longer is the disney anthology series which doesn't sound like a sitcom. Longest running TV show is actually a spanish language show called Sabado Gigante.

I Love Lucy

Days of my life. Donkey years!