i've just bought a strapless maxi dress.. would i get away with wearing a top underneath?

Update:

Its a tube top dress an was thinking of putting a t shirt under it so I can wear a bra....... but so far everything i put under it looks wrong... any suggestions!

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Wear a light see through shirt over it and a strapless bra or a bra with clear straps. The light shirt open would look stylish.

• DW2020
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Don't they make strapless bras? I'm not sure that layering this is a great idea, unless you funk it up with say, a huge fat belt, and why not leggings, too then? I think Cindy Lauper in the 80's could be a role model.

• 1 decade ago

some strapless dresses can look fresh, bold, and funky with paired with a fitted graphic tee. depends on how the dress fits, if it is tight or fitted and you are going to a formal event, then you need to purchase a supportive strapless bra. if they dress is loose like a shift dress, retro dress, oversized babydoll or something like that, then you can dress it down with a tee, jeans, and flats or sneakers with a graphic print.

it wont look foolish but it depends on where you are wearing it.

mandy moore wore a similar look for a shoot for a recent issue of elle magazine:

(http://www.philebrity.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/...

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

is it a tube top dress? and you want to wear a t-shirt or something under it? are you trying to be funky or something? i'm not sure what you're talking about, but it doesn'tsound like a good idea!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

No! Either wear pasties or tape your girls underneath with duct tape!

• 1 decade ago

wear a strapless bra girl. they cheap and no one will no. look nice god luck!!!!

• 4 years ago

a nude slip which you would be able to get at Macys or Norstroms. or maybe objective. i advise truly your mom would have informed you that. yet be sure its nude and its not longer then your dress.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.