Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 1 decade ago

How important is it to scan your drive in safe mode?

I usually perform my scans in normal mode, but is scanning in safe mode a critical function? Thanks for your experitise.

Favorite Answer

it isn't critical but it helps to find hidden viruses and other harmful files on your computer.

In normal mode all the process of computer are started and even the virus files automatically and the OS doesn't prevent any application from opening, the virus may not allow the antivirus to identify itself when it is running.

but in safe mode the OS doesnt start any applications at startup thats why no virus can hide....

so its always better to scan in safe mode rather than normal mode...

i hope this is the simplest answer to u...

Safe Mode is one of the best ways to find and remove malware (spyware, viruses, adware etc..) on a computer - here is an article I wrote on how to use safe mode

- http://www.vermontpcsolutions.com/how_to_start_in_...

I can't tell you how many times I have run anti-virus and anti-spyware software in 'normal mode' on an infected computer with the 'clean' results returned. Once in Safe Mode many of the malware infections have no place to hide and are picked up by the scanners.

Gotta love Safe Mode!!!