what would be a great inexpensive gift for a one year old girl?

my bf's goddaughter is turning one next week and i need to buy a gift but i'm on a tight budget.

help?

Favorite Answer

my daughter likes thick books with alot of different textures.if that is something she would already have maybe you should try getting her this paper made by crayola it comes with markers that only write on the special paper.at that age she should like to draw

How about a personalized book? Kids love to hear their name in the storyline. Go to this website http://www.tlc-expressions.com/ They have lots of titles like Sesame Street, Mother Goose, Teddy Bear Land, Farm Animals, Noah's Ark, Three Little Pigs, Sports titles and so many more. Check it out - they're very reasonably priced, and make a wonderful & unique gift... Good Luck!

I bought my goddaugter a counting pal by leapfrog. It cost less than $20.00 at babies r us. Leapfrog makes a lot of inexpensive toys for children and they are very educational. My goddaughter loves hers. Her mom says she plays with it all the time. Also baby Einstien videos are good. They cost about $20.00 and are known to stimulate the babies mind and help them develope intelectually. Check out www.babiesrus.com, they have lots of toys arranged by age group that could be affordable.

I know that this sounds really cheap but most kids absolutely love big boxes that they can climb in. Whenever we buy diapers in a box my 2 year old daughter just loves it. She climbs in it and lays in it. It is better than some of her toys. Or you can by her a nice cheap baby doll.

Source(s): Mother of 2 almost 3 children!!

Bubbles. My nephew loves playing with bubbles. My sister in law saw how much he loved it and bought him a bubble machine. You can get one for under $10.

Big and colorful stuff that will catch her attention. Could be a big balloon (cartoon characters, butterfly, etc).

stuffed doll