Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

contractions 33-36 min apart??? i need answers or expieriences please?

so im 80% effaced 2 1/2 cm dialated well thats how i was i week ago i dont know if i've progressed anymore anyways im 39 weeks and 4 days im due this friday but it started out me having back pain every 7 -10 min then it switched to front and back contractions every 33 to 36 min for the past 3 hours is this active labor since their coming regularily or could it still be false labor?

#2 question at this point if it is active labor how long did it take for yours to get closer together

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

this is true labour i guess,if the contractions are at regular intervals for a certain period of time then you should get ready now,they ll come close in few hours ,if its your first baby then it might take 12-24 hours and if you are a mother already then i guess you should head to hospital now coz it might be pretty quick

• 1 decade ago

If you were already 2 1/2 cms dilated a week ago then I would speak to the midwife. I don't know where you are but in britain you are classed as being in established labour when you get to 3 cms. Sometimes at the end of pregnancy the cervix opens a little before labour. If you've been having pains, you could have dilated more so it's advisable to get the advice of a doctor or midwife! I've had 5 children and they were all very different so it's difficult to see how far on you are without being examined! Good luck!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.