Jeff E asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

Do you think the Islanders will make the playoffs?

I don't see it happening. DiPeitro isn't consistant and there just isn't any chemistry on the team at all, and Yashin will probably get hurt again.

sorry, i just think that Dipetro is the most overrated goalie in the NHL.

Favorite Answer

I dont think they will make the playoffs. For starters they are already outside of the top 8 with only two weeks left.

Four of their remaining seven games are against either Buffalo, Ottawa, or New Jersey. Two are against other teams who are around them in the standings. Only one cupcake, and that is on the road against a deceptively dangerous Flyers team. That is a brutal schedule. If they have any chance of making the playoffs, they have to beat the Rangers and the Maple Leafs, both at home. I don't see it happening though.

What the hell are you talking about DiPietro isn't consistent? He is just about the only thing that IS consistent on the team. He goes out every night and gives 110%. He can't score the goals too you know.

When he was out, thats when the team started dropping in the standings.

And the Islanders played better with Yashin out.

You need to brush up on your sports brother, before you start talking out your A S S

They are nothing without DiPeitro at the moment. He is still being a baby and complaining about his head. Its too bad for the Islanders because i would like to see Ryan Smyth in the playoffs. Good thing that they have a long term deal with DiPeitro because its not going to happen this year!

I hope not. Yashin is a cancer. He melts away when the play gets tough. Most europeans mail in their playoff efforts. No team has EVER won a cup with a european as captain. That won't change any time soon either.

• bodman

If something they are going to be scuffling with for that 8th spot, i don't see them getting adequate factors to capture the Habs, Flyers, and Senators. those communities are going to win a pair in between if the Islanders are triumphing, so they are going to have a minimum of 80 factors. nevertheless Atlanta isn't enjoying undesirable the two, i think of they'd even take the 8th spot from Boston, yet purely time will tell.

Carolina, Isles, Habs all tied with 84 points with Toronto at 82 all fighting for the 8th spot, working currently to face the Buffalo Sabres in the first round.

All have 7 games left except Toronto who has 6

The Isles play NJ, @ BUF, OTT,NYR, TOR, @PHI, @NJ so they have a tough 7 games left.

I think they sneak in myself. I think it will be Rangers, Tampa Bay, and Islanders. Of course we should all know the top 5 in Buffalo, New Jersey/Pens(I'm a Pens fan so picking them to take the Atlantic in the last game), Atlanta, and Ottawa.

ted nolan will find a way. he is a great coach and they will make it and he should win the jack adams award if im right...

p.s. i'm not an islanders fan so no bias

I would have to agree. Also, Carolina is on a roll right now.

• Tyler

No, but it would give the penguins some easy wins