Joanne K asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

is friskies canned cat foods on the recalled list from menu foods?

Favorite Answer

All food on the recall is here:

http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_cat.html

Friskies is made at the Purina plant. The only purina food that was affected by the recall was a dog one (can't remember the name) that was produced at the menu foods plant. The rest of purina's stuff is made at their own plant and therefor unaffected

No. Friskies is made by Purina and Purina recalled only one of its products - "Mighty Dog" in pouches. I fed my cats Friskies Friday night and Saturday morning right after the recall was first announced.

i dont know if it is or not, but just to be safe, dont give it to your pet if its wet food. becuase you never know what other new deadly things they'll find in more wet food even if Friskies is on the recall list or not. but you can also always check on the web about the recall items.

My cat is on Friskies and Nine Lives wet food and dry food. No problems !! I called Purina just to make sure, and they gave me the go ahead.... so, don't worry. Kitty is in good hands.

no- but checked the web site www.menufoods.com they have a phone number and a list of foods that have been recalled

No it was not on that list. That is what I feed my Cats and that was one of the First things I checked, when I heard about it. You are safe if that is the food you choose to feed your animals.

Frikies is made by purina and you are in the clear. I have the list of foods that are not on the list of menufoods. I got it from hubpages.com

no if you need the recall here they are... http://www.menufoods.com/recall/product_cat.html

• hello

It is CRAP food.... Food filled with by-products is CRAP.

no