Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkBeer, Wine & Spirits · 1 decade ago

Does Vodka freeze?

Favorite Answer

Just to correct one of the people that answered, "anything with alcohol in it won't freeze", that is not true, beer and wine freeze and they contain alcohol. The alcohol content of vodka is much higher than that of wine or beer, so it won't freeze in a regular freezer, but it certainly will freeze. Vodka has a high component of ethanol which has a freezing point of approx -100degC. The higher quality vodka has more ethanol and freezes at a lower temperature. Cheap vodka has more water and freezes easier :)

• Erika

Does Vodka Freeze

• Marie

Yoo Are Not Supposed To Freeze Spirits Due to Something In Them, I Had This Discussion The Other Day :S! But We Came To The Conclusion They Burst When Frozen Lol! Tried and Tested

A really good freezer will turn almost all 80 proof vodka into slush if left long enough.I DRINK A LOT of vodka,always near slush point.

Yes it will freeze. The temperature at which it freezes will depend on the strength. You will not be able to freeze most vodka in a freezer as it is not cold enough. Pure alcohol freezes at -114 degrees.

After a week my vodka in the ice cub trap turned to like a shaved ice but not as soft, ice cubs of blackstone vodka (80 proof), just from my refrigerator freezer.

Put a bottle of skinny girl vodka in freeezer and it froze

My bottle of Smirnoff has frozen...to the point that I cannot have a vodka and coke this evening til the damn bottle defrosts!!

Yes it does, i just pulled out the bottle from the freezer and half of the bottle is solid ice and half is like melting snow .

my bottle of Smirnoff froze in the freezer, not an especially cold frezzer at that