What kind of power travel converter do I need if I am traveling to Italy?

Traveling to Italy and I need to know what kind of power converter to take so I can use my curling iron and blow dryer.

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    I purchased a converter from Bags and Baggage and it worked quite well. If you are traveling from the US to Italy you will need a converter that transforms from 220 to 110. Your blow dryer will only work on low. You cannot convert it to work at a higher speed or heat. I purchased a blow dryer when I got to Italy to overcome this problem. For charging camera batteries, or a curling iron it works just fine. The converters get hot, so don't panic if you feel heat coming from it while you are using it.

  • 1 decade ago

    You can buy a kit with the transformer and plug adapters at Target ( I just saw them for 10.00 for the kit ) In my experience the transformers don't do a good job.

    I would buy an inexpensive travel hairdryer that has the dual voltage switch and get a conair dual voltage curling iron-

    (automatically adjusts to the voltage - they work great )

    that way you only have to worry about the prong adapters.

    You can find the hair dryer/curling iron at Walmart or Target for about 10.00 -15.00 each

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.