Why isn't there a "men's studies" under social science?

Update:

OK. I wasn't intending to start another "Battle of the Sexes" argument. Mature people only please! I was just curious.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Good question. We must stand up and demand equal rights. Just kidding. Women's Studies is an off shoot of Women's rights movement. There isn't a male equivalent. Perhaps because there isn't a need for one.

• pisklo
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

My heavens, I in no way have been flashed, yet I did accidentally flash some individuals as quickly as. i became interior the scientific institution some time lower back and desperate to take a stoll to the merchandising section. properly, I wasn't thinking approximately what i became donning and, enable's purely say that those scientific institution robes do no longer depart plenty to the mind's eye on the backside. The nurse got here up from at the back of me and placed a blanket over my shoulders . . . i became thinking why it became a sprint drafty lower back there!

• 1 decade ago

It impossible to answer without sounding patronising or chauvinistic or both, but -

We don't feel the need to be special.

I consider everything as equal, in sciences, religion, arts, whatever. In fact, anything that isn't listed under Women's study, I consider as part of Men's Study.

• 1 decade ago

One can study just about anything these days...:)

If you feel need, you can start " Men's studies" as well as

" family's Studies", " children's Studies", " People who drive SUV studies" an so on... it all, so called, social science...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • DJ
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Since men have been responsible for 99% of all history and human acomplishments and endeavours, it would be pointless.

• 1 decade ago

It may be a good idea judging at some of the responses.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

They are all the same. Why do you need to study that?

• 1 decade ago

Good question. It's not fair. Let's contact the Yahoo! people.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Because men don't live a life full of nonsense.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.