Would a dirty martini count as a "well" drink?

What are the guidelines for that anyway?

As far as I know, well drinks are just generic drinks made w/ cheap liquor, but then I got to wondering.

gin martinis, thank you.

Favorite Answer

"Well" drinks are made from the cheap house liquors on hand. i.e. If you ask for a gin and tonic you will get whatever cheap gin they serve as opposed to a Tanqurey and tonic

Well liquor refers to the type of alcohol poured. It is the least expensive and generally the lowest quality alcohol served in the bar or restaurant. It is what is poured when no "call" brand is asked for, like Bombay, Gordon's, or Tanquerey.

A dirty martini could be considered a well drink, but it does have vermouth in it, so bars or restaurants may charge more for it. Just ask because it does vary from place to place. Typically a well drink just is the well liquor and a mixer, like rum and coke, or gin and tonic.

A dirty martini can be called a 'well' drink. 'Well' simply refers to the type of alcohol - generally meaning the lowest grade in the bar. In some places a well vodka would be something like Kamchatka and in others, their lowest quality is Smirnoff.

Whether it's included in a 'well happy hour' or a 'well drink special' would be up to the bar. I think at one of the bars I worked at, it was included, but there was an extra fee for serving it up due to the extra alcohol.

a well drink refers to the cheapest version of each alcohol in the house. So a dirty martini could be a well drink if you ordered the "house" vodka or gin.

For cheap martinis, and I drink them straight vodka,olive I just askf ro vodka on the rocks. It's cheaper and is the same drink except not in a martini glass.

The classification of a "well" drink simply depends on what kind of liquor you're putting in it. If it's Bombay Sapphire, it's not a well, but if you're using Taaka Gin.....

yes you will always be given a well drink if your preference is not specified bartenders are not mind readers

no

rum and coke vodak oj etc are well drinks. no shaking, blending, mixing etc. for these