California (Sacto Co.) landlord responsibility regarding vicious dogs on rental property?

We currently rent a home in a "community" that is managed for the owners by their property management corporation. We have made several complaints to the property manager regarding vicious dogs that lunge & try to attack. We have called Animal Control. The prop mgmt. acts as if they have no responsibility to resolve this issue. Their response is "all we can do is all Animal Control, just like you". These dogs belong to other tenants..we've given addresses, but still the problem exists. There are specific rules about the type of pets folks can have, but they don't seem to be enforced. I have three children who are scared to death to play outside. We have a lovely front yard and pay over $1700 a month to live here. Am I crazy or should the prop mgmt being doing more to resolve this issue? I've already advised them (many times) that if me, my kids, my husband or a guest gets bitten, I'm suing. What a shame that someone will have to be "mauled" before they'll do anything.

Favorite Answer

CONTACT THE OWNER OF THE HOME. THEY NEED TO KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING AND DEAL WITH THE MANAGEMENT COMPANY THEMSELVES.