aa few biology questions I need help with?
10. Which base substitutes for thymine in RNA? (Full name, please) _________________
11. In Griffith’s experiments with Pneumococuus, what was the “transformation factor”?___________
12. If a DNA sample has 20% of A, what is the % of C? ________
13. In a single DNA strand, which chemical bond connects two adjacent
14. In a double- helix DNA molecule, which chemical bond connects two bases of the opposite strands?________________________
15. Which of the following is a DNA sequence complementary to 5' AAATTTGGGCCC 3'?
(a) 5' AAATTTGGGCCC 3' (c) 5' CCCTTTGGGAAA 3'
(b) 5' TTTAAACCCGGG 3' (d) 5' GGGCCCAAATTT 3'
16. Which exactly atom is responsible for DNA being an acid? ______________________
17. Which of the following side groups are found in DNA’s nitrogenous bass?
(a) -NH2 (b) - SH (c) -CH3 (d) -PO4 (e) two of the above (f) none of the above
18. What is the negative charge (in water solution) of a DNA Molecule which is 1000 nucleotide pairs long
19. How many atoms of carbon are there in the ring of thymine? ______
20. Which of the following chemical groups make up a nucleotide?
(a) A, C, T, G (c) sugar, base, phosphate
(b) D, N, A (d) thousand to millions of base pairs
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
13. The backbone connecting the bases in a chain is covalently bonded.
14. Hydrogen bonds
16. Hydrogen (don't ask me which one)
- 1 decade ago
10. Uracil (U)
12. 20% - A, therefore 20, T. So, 60% are G/C, so C must be 30%
13. Covalent bond?
14. Hydrogen bond
15. D (notice that all sequences are 5'-3', so the sequences are reversed)
16. Oxygen?Source(s): Ph.D. in Biology