Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTrying to Conceive · 1 decade ago

Does urinating after sex have any impact on conception?

My husband and I are trying to concieve. It may be a silly question, but does it hurt my chances if I urinate after sex? Thank you!

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Getting up to use the bathroom will not "hurt" your conception efforts. However, it is best to remain still and lying down after sex for at least 15 minutes, but the longer the better. And even better if you have a pillow below your buttocks/hip area to keep it a little elevated to help the little guys get to where they need to be faster :-) However, if you can stand to hold it for at least 15 minutes you should be good to go...the most healthy and fast little guys will be clearing the cervix hopefully, while what comes out is the less healthy little fellas!

• 1 decade ago

Lay in bed for at least half an hour after having sex so that you give time for the sperm to travel. I still recommend to urinate after a half an hour, so that you try to prevent yourself from getting a bladder infection.

• 1 decade ago

If you are sitting up like that.. a lot of the semen will come out of you.

Yes.. it can hurt your chances.

• 1 decade ago

i think it does have and impact because most of the semen comes down. its a fifty fifty chance

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't think so. Nothing bad will happen anyway as long as your bladder isn't BLOATED full, I think you're fine.

Source(s): My mom.
  • 1 decade ago

No it is actually recommended to help prevent uti's.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I think you should reconsider having children my dear because if you think urinating has anything to do with conceiving children you need to go back to your health class.

• 1 decade ago

No, they use different "wombs". But, feel free to do it anyway.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.