My face gets so dry?

Hi

my face gets so dry after i shower.. to the point of feeling like something is pulling on the skin around the mouth and the nose.. and at the bottom of the nose it really hurts... then it peals... i have to put mosturizer all the time, and i really hate it, cause after showering or washing my face, i want to feel clean and not all oily... i bought a new soap "Dove" with 1/3 oils in it, and it's a bit better, but i still feel the skin get very tight..

My body is however perfect--not oily nor dry... why not the same for the face???? :(

will appreciate any help!! thanks

Favorite Answer

Maybe use Cetaphil or Aquanil to wash your face instead of soap or harsh detergent (aka most face washes).

Also Aquaphor is supposed to work wonders on cracked chaped skin.. although it is expensive.

Try to use cold water...as cold as you can stand it anyway! Heat and water both dry out the skin TERRIBLY. Try using Cetaphil face wash...it's non drying, and leaves your face pretty darn soft.

The skin on our faces is different than our bodies. For instance, most people get acne on their faces vs all over their bodies...

Gentle cleanser, and good moisturizer will help. You should use moisturizer on your face anyway, day or night shower..so I'm not sure what you mean by oily...?

Use the cream and it comes in a white tub and the brand is called eucerin.I hope I helped and good luck.

enhance it with jojoba oil/vitamin E oil blend mixed with lavender, and rosemary.