kae s asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

i just colored my hair and i have this horrible tint to it that looks green under certain lights??

okay so i just colored my hair dark warm ash brown and when i first dyed it, the color just looked dark brown but now i am starting to notice a green tint to it, is there any way that i could make the green go away without having to dye my hair again? i heard that if i used a shampoo for red heads it would fix it? any tips? thanks!

Favorite Answer

Yes...stay in the house all the time except for Saint Patty's day.

You can buy a 'hair color' remover kit at a pharmacy or in some grocery stores. It will remove the color. Then, choose a color without an 'ash' to it. Ash in the color causes some hair to take on a different tint. You could also use a clarifying shampoo. You may have to do it over, but it will look better.

Source(s): been there, done that

That reminds me my friend Paige just got her hair a dark caramel brown color and it sorta had a green tint to it under neath light...I'm sure after a couple washes or your hair it shouldnt look green anymore...Best of Luck!

~Kaylee~

I would use a red shampoo... goldwell has a really good one, Red cancels outgreen so it should work, if that doesnt work try gettin a semi permanent color with a red undertone not ash....ash has green in it.

• J mom

Yes, on the color wheel red neutralizes green. You can use the shampoo with red pigment in it or you can use a deposit only ammonia free or low ammonia auburn to neutralize it.

Sorry,

Your just gonna have to leave it how it is every month get it cut once your hair grows out and you keep on cutting it your original color will appear.

too much "ash" ...you need something with red undertones to get rid of that "green" tint.

If dark brown is what you are looking for , you might try mahogany or burgundy.

Hi, I actually read this really good article about how to fix hair color disaster, you'll find more useful information there I'm sure:

http://www.carefair.com/Hair-and-Nails/Hair/Fix_a_...

I don't know, but I feel bad for you. What's your orginal colour?

yur gonna have to... shave... so sry....

lol